Aisling's Decadent Chocolate-Chip Shortbread
For my day at The Write to Cook, I decided to make chocolate-chip shortbread. I chose to make this because it is my grandmother’s recipe, and it was really fun to make. The first time I made it, I cut it into shapes, but this time I decided to do it in one tray. We had to rub in the butter which took a while, but it worked. I also chose to use chocolate chips because I really like chocolate. I enjoyed making them and will make them again.
100 grams flour
50 grams cornflour
50 grams caster sugar
100 grams butter.
As many chocolate chips as wanted
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Sieve flour and cornflour into a bowl
3. Mix in sugar
4. Rub in butter ( pick the butter and dry ingredients up and rub them together between your fingers), thenadd chocolate chips and squeeze mixture into a ball.
5. Put ball of dough onto greased tray
6. Spread evenly around the tray. Poke holes into it with a fork
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a pale fawn color.
8. Let it cool, and then cut into squares
Aisling with some tips on sifting flour!