Talie's Magnificent Molten Lava Cakes
I chose to bake Molten lava cakes with the Write to Cook because I love molten lava cakes and also my grandma loves baking Molten lava cakes too. She always added orange zest which makes the cake pop in flavor. I like cooking Molten lava cake because this is a recipe that my family loves and uses at reunions.
- 6 (1-ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate
- 2 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.Grease 6 (6-ounce) custard cups. Melt the chocolates and butter in the microwave, or in a double boiler. Add the flour and sugar to chocolate mixture. Stir in the eggs and yolks until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and orange liqueur. Divide the batter evenly among the custard cups. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edges to loosen. The edges should be firm but the center will be runny.