Adrianna's Amazing Chocolate Pudding
I chose to make this chocolate pudding because it is a very fast, easy and simple recipe to make but overall tastes delicious! I have made this pudding many times and always turns out good. The chocolate pudding is topped with homemade whipped cream on the top, chocolate shavings, as well as fresh blueberries, raspberries and strawberries.
Prep Time: 15 minutes plus chilling
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
Makes: 6 puddings for a good-sized portion
The Ingredients You’ll Need to Make the Recipe:
3 ½ squares of bittersweet chocolate or 1 bar
1 cup heavy or whipping cream
2/3 cup + 1 tablespoon milk
3 large egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar
2 ¼ teaspoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
1. Coarsely chop the chocolate
2. Heat cream and 2/3 cup of milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat for 4 minutes until bubbles appear around the edge
3. Meanwhile, whisk the yolks and sugar in a bowl, and stir reaming teaspoon of milk into cornstarch in cup until smooth
4. Gradually whisk the hot cream mixture and then whisk egg mixture into the hot cream in sauce pan together. Whisk in cornstarch-milk mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring over medium heat; boil for 1 minute, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon
5. Remove the pan from heat and add chocolate, butter, vanilla and salt to the hot cream mixture and stir until chocolate is melted and pudding is smooth, and put it in a dessert cup. If you want (I didn’t) you can strain the pudding through a fine sieve into a dessert cup (6-8 ounces.) Press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the pudding. Refrigerate for any desired time up to 48 hours. When served top with whipped cream fruit and chocolate shavings (your preference for what you would like to add.)
Whipped Cream Recipe:
Beat 1 cup heavy or whipping cream on medium-high speed for 2 minutes until thickened
Add 1/8 of a teaspoon vanilla and 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar to bet for 1 ½ to 2 minutes longer.
Tasty Tip: So, when you combine the egg mixture, be sure to do it gradually, because if you don’t do it gradually you’ll end up with a curdled egg which you don’t want.