Nicholas' Asian Noodle Surprise!
For my week on the Write to Cook, I made Asian noodles with chicken, peppers, celery, carrots, onions, and a touch of ginger. I really enjoyed making Asian noodles since I had never done it before and I wanted to try something that would really teach the club something. Although I had never actually made noodles like that before I wasn't sure how they were going to turn out, but they were actually pretty good and everyone liked them. At home I normally would just wait for my mother to cook dinner but this club has really encouraged me to help out more in the kitchen.
Nicholas' Asian Noodles
· 1 red pepper thinly sliced
· 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
· 2 boneless chicken breast – cubed and cooked
· ½ onion thinly sliced
· 2 carrots and celery finely chopped
· 1 tablespoon of minced ginger – chopped really small
· 2 green scallions chopped thinly
· ¼ cup oyster sauce
· ¼ cup hoisin sauce
· ¼ sesame oil
· 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
· Sauce Mixture:
Combine sauce ingredients above and whisk until all combined. Set aside.
· In a pot start boiling water for the noodles.
· In a large pan, add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil (on medium heat) add the onions, carrots celery, red pepper and ginger. Sauté until slightly tender.
· Add the cooked cubed chicken to the vegetables. Stir in the sauce mixture. Cook on low stirring every now and then.
· In the meantime, add the noodles to the boiling water and cook for 4 minutes then drain the noodles and add them to the pan with chicken, vegetables and sauce. Stir to combine everything.
· Serve with chopped green scallions on top. Add extra soy sauce, if needed, on top.